FAUNA SPOTTER CATCHERS
Many Councils and Shires place stipulations on development to protect resident native wildlife. One of these stipulations is the engagement of a Wildlife Spotter Catcher or Koala Spotter.
- Wildlife Answers has the relevant permits to provide a Fauna Spotter-Catcher on-site to deal with wildlife likely to be disturbed or compromised during clearing and removal of vegetation.
- All of our personnel are experienced in safe capture techniques of native birds, mammals and reptiles including venomous snakes and large macropods.
- As a Fauna Spotter Catcher Service , we will adhere to all the stipulations in the Development Application to ensure a suitable outcome for the developer and the wildlife.
- These usually include; a pre-inspection and report to ascertain the potential habitat areas and areas of concern. This could be in conjunction with the development of a management plan for the site. Fauna Spotter Catchers are then on site for all clearing, to direct works and /or remove or relocate wildlife in imminent danger. On conclusion of the works the Fauna Spotter Catcher completes a final report stating all actions involving animals and habitat.
- Under the Koala Conservation Plan 2006, a Koala Spotter must be present during all clearing and tree removal in District A where any koala habitat tree species are present. Koala Spotters must abide to strict regulations as set out by the DERM/EPA & QPWS.
- A ratio of 1:1 Koala Spotters and machine usually applies during clearing and development and as such Wildlife Answers can provide multiple experienced Koala Spotters at a site, prior to and during clearing operations.
All native wildlife is protected by law and cannot simply be moved from their habitat. However if an animal is causing damage to property, endangering lives or if the animal's habitat is likely to be destroyed then a licenced Wildlife Manager can be engaged to deal with these situations.
- If a snake is sighted in your house or is causing potential danger to people or livestock, we hold the relevant permit to enable us to safely capture and remove the snake, and relocate it to nearby suitable habitat.
Humane Possum Trapping
- Wildlife Answers holds the necessary permits and skills to trap and release possums from a dwelling in accordance with DERM/EPA guidelines. If you feel this is warranted we can undertake a site inspection to ascertain if a trapping program is the suitable course of action.
Native and Non Native Birds/ Brush Turkeys/ Macropods (Kangaroos & Wallabies)
- Wildlife Answers is available to home and business owners, local council and others to deal with wildlife in distress or causing a problem.